Karina Ordonez Law Office PLLC is a law office that focuses on providing superior advocacy and representation through direct communication with the client. Our Office prides itself in knowing our clients well to aggressively protect and defend their rights.
- Our dedicated team possesses almost twenty years of experience in criminal defense with over 70 jury trials. We have worked in Federal and State courts statewide.
- In addition, we have close to ten years of experience in Immigration law with real world experience. Our drive and compassion strives to keep families together and protect human rights.
- Immigration concerns are a major component of the criminal process for non-citizens. A criminal conviction, even on a low level offense, can lead to your removal from the United States. If you have immigration concerns and are in the criminal justice system, it is imperative that you receive a thorough and comprehensive assessment of your immigration situation prior to deciding how to proceed with your criminal case.
- Many lawyers operate under a dual-part system… resolve your criminal case and later consult with an immigration attorney. We are different. We begin addressing your immigration issues immediately to obtain the best possible outcome for you and your family.
- Lastly, our team also has experience in personal injury ensuring you receive the appropriate treatment and are compensated for all of your injuries.
Aside from Immigration Law, Ms. Ordóñez gained valuable experience in criminal law through her externship with the Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Joseph B. Heilman, where she provided extensive legal research and writing for a second degree murder case and various civil matters. Since practicing, Ms. Ordóñez has represented clients in both State and Federal courts, including the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.Ms. Ordóñez also participated in the Arizona State University, Post-Relief Conviction Clinic and the Arizona Justice Project where she worked on various DNA cases to exonerate wrongfully convicted defendants. Prior to Ms. Ordóñez legal career she was the Assistant Director for Strategic Policy for the Arizona Department of Homeland Security. In this capacity, she was the primary advisor to the deputy director in matters pertaining to national policy, lead the 2006 and 2007 State Homeland Security Federal Grant Applications receiving 20 million dollars and 51 million dollars respectively, ensured compliance with both state and federal laws, and served as the state agency liaison by building, managing, and reporting the yearly Homeland Security budget for 25 state agencies.
Ms. Ordóñez worked for the Arizona Attorney General’s Office and provided state lobbying efforts regarding predatory lending, contingency fees, budget and non-participating tobacco manufacturers’ sales tax with 100% success rate. At the Arizona State Supreme Court, Administrative Office of the Courts, Ms. Ordóñez externed and provided lobbying efforts for the Interstate Compact, Judge Pro-Temp, and abolished adoption fees. She is bilingual in both Spanish and English. Ms. Ordóñez has traveled extensively throughout the world.